Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Exercise Is The Best Form of Therapy

'Cause sometimes you just feel tired,
Feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up.
But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength,
And just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up
And not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse
"Till I Collapse"- Eminem 

I'm not sure if it's a girl thing or a human thing, but sometimes I get myself into a funk for no reason. I shut down, I refuse to talk about what's bothering me probably because I can't pinpoint the reason that makes me hate the world. Sometimes a person can't get themselves out of a funk. They need someone to cheer them up, to tell them the sky is not falling...and sometimes, there is nobody. There are times where you have to figure out your own problems and solve your own problems. 

So this morning, instead of making excuses, or promising myself that I'll workout later, I just got up and went for it. Last week, I made it a goal to run for ten minutes...and most days I could barely do that. But today, I pushed a slow 30 minutes and I realized a lot about what I had been feeling that I didn't know I was feeling. I'm not going to get into it because it's all resolved and I'm back to being happy-go-lucky, but I need to stop babying myself. OKAY, so being in another country with 0 of your friends and family is hard sometimes. Get over it, and be happy. Go run, it's not that hard.
I'm going to make a list of everything that I want to do/improve upon when I get home. Lists make me happy.



No comments: